Friday, May 4, 2012

Home

For the past few months, I've been getting closer and closer to moving out of my "home office" - the third bedroom with over flow stuff that doesn't get used much - and finding someone who'd like to live in that room.  In fact, both my current roommate and I had someone close to us that almost needed a new place to live and tentatively planned to move in.

One of which was in early April and it seemed like we'd have someone in here by May. Circumstances for this person changed so they remained where they were at, but I had energetically started to open that room up. My work things in there were slowly getting moved to my actual work office and I had mentally started to compose the craigslist add that would bring the right person to live in our house.

Not only that, but I started to imagine the feeling of being relieved financially.  Though I have loved having the space I've had, I don't feel like I need it anymore. I've started to realize the richness of having less stuff. Less to clean, take care of, find time to use.  The more I get rid of, the more I see how I don't miss what I get rid of.

And then, just like that, it happened. Yesterday a friend of mine asked if I was still considering looking for someone else move in, she was in a situation that she needed to find a new place.  We were already getting together this morning anyways and so I had her come over to check the place out. By noon she had given me a rent check for this month and we made enough space in the room for her bed. I was able to get most of my stuff out of the room this afternoon. Though she will take a bit to move in completely, she is sleeping here tonight.

I am so happy. I feel her energy is great here. She is thankful to be here. Home is a happy place to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment