Thursday, May 10, 2012

Maurice


I just heard on The Story that Maurice Sendak died this week. Not sure how to exactly express how I feel right now, but in the least I'd like to highlight his last interview with Terry Gross earlier this year, that I had actually blogged about previously.

My blessings to his spirit as it is now free. I'm thankful he is no longer lonely, joining his loved ones who left already, and that he was among us, reminding us of childhood and what it means to live.

__

In looking up the links to these interviews, I was reminded that Maurice was also recently on Colbert, also something worth checking out. Colbert shared with Maurice his idea for a children's book and the actual book was coincidentally released on the day of Maurice's passing. The only thing I have to say to that is WOW.  Read it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment