Friday, August 17, 2012

Day 5: Therapy for Me

I've learn how important it is to make sure that I am receiving regular massage sessions. Even still, there is a part of me that resists it sometimes.  Just like with yoga, the rational part of me thinks that "I could get so much done with that time." Somehow that part forgets that taking the time out for self-care IS getting a lot done.

This afternoon I had a session scheduled and leading up to the appointment I was resisting getting on the table. For those that don't know, SET sessions are not always the most enjoyable massages but are also the ones that make the most change. Sure enough we found some pretty uncomfortable spots that had me breathing heavy and even shed a few tears. And you know what? I feel better and have been more productive in the time since the session than I feel like I would have been if I worked the whole time.

No comments:

Post a Comment