Saturday, September 1, 2012

Day 20: Beach Time!

When my cousin Julia got married on the beach in Cocoa my parents and I stayed in a hotel on the beach for a few days.  It was such a great vacation for us we decided we should make it a regular trip. That was back in 1997 and we've visited Cocoa Beach at least once a year since then.

A few years into our annual vacation, my parents ended up spending a rainy afternoon listening to a sales pitch for a timeshare on the beach. We had gone out to breakfast that morning at Denny's and there was a rep there offering $100 for anyone who would come listen to their presentation. Well it must have been a good pitch because my dad decided to make the investment.

We've now had the timeshare for over 10 years and it is one of my favorite places to be. I am thankful for that rainy day that set the fate for my annual beach vacations to come. You never know how the weather may change your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment