Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Day 30: Call to Action

Last year on the 10th anniversary of the events on September 11th, I posted about how this event has a lot to do with why I am a massage therapist.  I spent several weeks in late 2001 and early 2002 in NYC working with a volunteer massage team.  My mom had gone up a month before and got the call to start the United Aromatherapy Effort. In addition in chair massage provided by at least 20 different therapists from all over the country and beyond, we also collected and disseminated aromatherapy supplies. Here is a video slideshow of pictures from our trips.

UAEvideo



I can't find words to describe how this changed my life. Suffice it to say I am infinitely grateful for a grand opportunity to help others in need and feel the motivating fire that lights the human spirit.  

No comments:

Post a Comment